I thought that we should have a thread on this forum for exchanging our alias files. In the link below is my alias file, which I have based on a file Krister made from a VATUK public alias file. What I primarily have changed from this, is adding a few nice things, such as .noob, omni deps at ENGM, and other nice functions. Also, the original one was buggy as can be coming to dual runway ops, so I fixed that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9_jckkFeyImNWdtUnF4WHBTajg/view?usp=sharing

So, does anyone else have any cool aliases that might be helpful in certain situations? Obviously the one I've included here is designed for ENGM.

Edited by Henrik Sonstebo

Nice idea.

My alias file is for Finland so there is not much help in Norway I guess.

However looking at your alias I find there is few shortcuts to be made. Aliases are really powerful to gain information from Euroscope when given command to.

For example on the handoffs you have following:
".ctwr Contact Gardermoen Tower (ENGM_TWR) on frequency 118.30, so long."

While you can actually get rid of all individual handoff lines and replace them with one single line, for example
".c Contact $radioname($1) frequency $freq($1), Goodbye!"
On that line I press ".c *space* and it jumps to $radioname($1) where I just have to type the short code of the station I am initiating handoff to and hit space again and it fills up the name and frequency automatically. For example:
".c *space* hktwe *space*"
And it will fill up following
"Contact Helsinki Tower on frequency 118.600, Goodbye!"

That is just one example and there is so much more for descends, headings etc. Where the alias can get information directly from the label input controller has made. For example on descend you can first put the altitude on the label and then put in the alias and the alias will fill up with the assigned altitude from the label.

In case you want to have a look on my alias file, here it is. Not saying it's complete or perfect by any means but you might be able to catch trick or two I have used :)

alias finland.txt

Edited by Jouka Ahponen
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jouka Ahponen said:

While you can actually get rid of all individual handoff lines and replace them with one single line, for example
".c Contact $radioname($1) frequency $freq($1), Goodbye!"
On that line I press ".c *space* and it jumps to $radioname($1) where I just have to type the short code of the station I am initiating handoff to and hit space again and it fills up the name and frequency automatically. For example:
".c *space* hktwe *space*"
And it will fill up following
"Contact Helsinki Tower on frequency 118.600, Goodbye!"

I´m not sure if we´re talking about the same thing but I will mention it anyway.

.ho Contact $radioname($1) ($atccallsign($1)) $freq($1). Goodbye!
.cso Contact $radioname($1) ($atccallsign($1)), callsign only, $freq($1). Goodbye!

By using these commands, you only have to type in the controller ID to the next controller in the part where I have replaced it with AR under here (which is the controller ID for ENGM_APP/ENGM_W_APP) .

.ho Contact $radioname(AR) ($atccallsign($1)) $freq($1). Goodbye!

And just press tab and the line should end up like this, the .cso (callsign only handoff) is done in the same way

Contact Oslo Approach (ENGM_W_APP) 120.450. Goodbye!

The controller ID is simple to find. At the controller list on Euroscope, you will find a 2-4 letter code before the callsign. That is the Controller ID.

Image%202017-08-20%20at%201.05.08%20pm.public.png?v=e0ec30e4

• Like 1